In the Heart of Richmond's
Historic Museum and Fan Districts
The Museum District Bed and Breakfast is under new management. Anna Currence has retired, and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Foundation has purchased the B&B. The new Innkeepers are Melinda and Cynthia Fields. Melinda is a Flight Attendant and Cynthia is a retired United States Postal Supervisor. The mother-daughter duo has traveled extensively and understand the varying needs of a traveler. They are seeking to provide a home away from home to each guest.
History of Museum District Bed & Breakfast
In 1922 when Judge William F. Rhea built his house at 2811 Grove Avenue, he was a retired US Congressman, Virginia Legislator, Judge, and Chairman of the Virginia State Corporation Commission and was spending his retirement years overseeing the Robert E. Lee camp for confederate veterans. The camp offered housing for homeless confederate war veterans and was comprised of over a dozen houses spread across the area that now contains the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and the Virginia Museum of History and Culture. Wanting to be closer to the men, he chose to build his home across the street from the Camp. He was actively involved with the camp until his death in 1931. The Camp closed in 1941, upon the death of the last resident.